History of Arlington, Washington
Arlington was incorporated as a city in 1903. Although always a distinctly separate and independent community, Arlington, along with the City of Marysville immediately to the south, has served as a northern suburb of Everett for many years. Both cities are situated along Interstate 5, the main north-south highway artery of western Washington and the West Coast.
In 2003 we celebrated the city’s centennial and in 2005 we celebrated the Arlington Fire Department’s centennial, along with the addition of our new police station.
The City has experienced continued growth over the last twenty years, increasing population by over 450% since 1980. People and businesses are drawn to the area by the availability of suitable property and accessibility to water and sewer services. With the City's proximity to the population centers of Everett and Seattle, continued growth of this area is expected.